THE ART of PARTICIPATORY LEARNING –
… through the Art of Hosting and Harvesting Conversations that matter
Mikkeli, Finland, May 8th – 10th 2014
This is a 3-day training in participatory leadership in learning hosting. We will explore ways of collaboration through the Art of Hosting and Harvesting Conversations. Initiating and hosting conversations that matter is a core leadership competence that leads to significant change at both individual and collective levels.
What is Art of Hosting
Art of Hosting is a global community of practitioners using integrated participative change processes, methods, maps and planning tools to engage groups and teams in meaningful conversation, deliberate collaboration, and group-supported action for the common good.
What does this mean in practice?
The 3 days training will include both theoretical content and experiential learning. We will work with, demonstrate, practice and explore how participatory methodologies can be used as a foundation for collaborative leadership and learning in groups, teams, communities and organizations.
The training includes:
- Experience of hosting as a core leadership practice
- Methods, tools, practices as well as theory and stories
- Support for the work of involving others in meetings, projects, education and decisions
- A touch to a network of learners and practitioners
Participants will learn to:
- Design and lead powerful conversations and meetings that result in clearer thinking, intelligent solutions and group coherence
- Initiate interactive processes to generate fresh thinking, create trust and create shared commitment to wiser actions
- Fundamental organizing patterns that invite profound shifts in how we can live and work together
- Grow your ability to make a positive contribution
You can explore and practice methods like:
- World Café
- Open Space Technology
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Circle Practice
- Chaordic Stepping Stones
- 5 Breaths of Design
You are welcome to spread the word!
AoH Finland 2014 Invitation